The cooler fall weather has finally settled in Chicago and I am thrilled to be able to make soups and stews for our dinners and lunches! There are a lot of reasons that September – November is my favorite time of year, but the cozy feeling I get when I curl up with a bowl of hot soup is one of them. This Vegan Tortilla Soup is perfect for the fall weather. It is flavorful, easy to make, and absolutely heart-warming. If you’ve never tried hominy before, I dare you to go grab a can at your local grocery store. It is delicious and so filling… I think you will love it!
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! Be sure to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. You can also let me know how this recipe goes by leaving a comment below. I can’t wait to see how this easy soup recipe turns out for you!
Vegan Tortilla Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 large jalapenos sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 30 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can yellow corn drained
- 30 oz can hominy drained and rinsed
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Avocado diced
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- In a large dutch oven, heat up olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and jalapenos. Saute for 3-4 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, hominy, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot, garnish, and enjoy!
Sharing is caring! We’d love it if you saved this recipe on Pinterest!