If you listen to my husband, these Green Lentils Burritos are “surprisingly tasty.” I’ve always been cautious with lentils because their flavor sometimes falls flat. However, when cooked with the right spices and sauce, lentils are fantastically tasty and a perfect meat replacement! If you’re looking to get into the lentil game, start with these simple one-pan burritos and see what you think. I bet you’ll be happily surprised!
I hope you enjoy this one as much as we do! Be sure to make this recipe for your next round of meal prep and as always, when you do, please don’t forget to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. I would love to see how this dish turns out for you!
Vegan Green Lentil Burritos
- 1 cup lentils green
- 3 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can corn drained
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 10 oz green enchilada sauce
- 6 flour burrito tortillas
- 1 avocado diced
- cilantro chopped for garnish
- lime wedges
- Heat lentils, water and salt covered in a large nonstick pan over low heat for 20-30 minutes, until water has evaporated.
- Add red onion, garlic, and red bell pepper to pan. Saute over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add olive oil, as needed.
- Add black beans, corn, taco seasoning and enchilada sauce. Heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve burrito mixture in your preferred burrito shell and garnish with salsa, avocado, lime wedges, and cilantro.
Sharing is caring! We’d love it if you saved this recipe on Pinterest.