Nothing beats a snowy cold day better than a simmering pot of chili. This recipe features spicy chipotle peppers, flavorful adobo sauce, and my favorite chili ingredient — stout beer! A dark beer is always perfect for creating the rich, umami flavor that you classically find in meat-based chili recipes. No meat over here, though! This tasty dish is so easy to make (just watch the video) and perfect for your weekly meal prep!
I hope you enjoy this one as much as we do! Be sure to make this recipe to fight off the cold winter weather, and when you do, don’t forget to share! Tag Sweet Pea Living and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving on Facebook or Instagram. I can’t wait to see how this one turns out for you!
Cozy Vegan Chipotle Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 2 jalapenos deseeded and diced
- 12 oz stout beer
- 7 oz chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced*
- 29 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 30 oz chili beans hot or mild
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- avocado sliced
- cilantro chopped
- quinoa cooked
- In a skillet (or in your slow-cooker on the "saute" setting) heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, red onion, bell peppers and jalapenos. Saute until onion is translucent and soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add beer and simmer for 5-8 minutes. Move ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Add chipotle peppers, tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, vegetable broth, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, and crushed black pepper. Mix well and cover slow cooker with a lid. Heat on high for 1-2 hours, or on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve hot with garnishes and enjoy!