I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for Tikka Masala. Something about the creamy blend of tomatoes, spicy peppers, and Indian seasonings makes my taste buds sing! I make this recipe just about every other week and it never gets old. Even better, it’s so easy to make. Only four short steps separate you from this delicious, nutritious meal. If you don’t want to make the sauce yourself, you can also use any store-bought tikka masala sauce. It saves a little bit of time to buy the sauce pre-made, but I think it’s actually one of the reasons that this dish is so great!
If you love Indian food as much as we do (and you probably do), be sure to give this recipe a try. When you do, don’t forget to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. I would love to see how your recipe turns out!
Tofu Tikka Masala
- 15 oz coconut milk
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp fennel seeds
- 2 Serrano peppers deseeded
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed and minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 14 oz extra-firm tofu pressed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper deseeded and diced
- cilantro chopped
- Combine sauce ingredients in a food processor. Puree until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat onion and garlic with olive oil over medium heat. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Cut tofu into bite-sized pieces. Add tofu, green bell peppers, and sauce to skillet. Cover pan with lid and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with naan (or brown rice). Enjoy!