My husband recently stumbled into a corner of the internet that I didn’t know existed… fancy scrambled eggs (I don’t know why I’m surprised). Gordon Ramsey, Anthony Bourdain, and Ina Garten each have their own “best scrambled eggs” recipes outlined online. Everyone seems to have an opinion on this popular breakfast dish. After diving into his research, Jason was able to identify the most logical tips and tricks for cooking scrambled eggs perfectly. It was a bigger discussion in our household than I care to admit… but I am so happy with our results! #foodnerds
In the past I have not typically wanted or craved scrambled eggs. They just didn’t seem appetizing to me. Since finding this new way of preparing them though, I am fanatical. I make these for myself multiple times per week and have even started replacing my lunch with scrambled eggs. It’s weird but I’m okay with it.
The big trick for this recipe is to whisk your eggs over super low heat for 5-7 minutes. The more you whisk, the tastier the eggs… I’m not joking. Check out the video above (or below) and enjoy your new favorite breakfast. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! Be sure to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. You can also let me know how this recipe goes by leaving a comment below. We can’t wait to see how this delicious breakfast turns out for you!
The Best Scrambled Eggs
- ¼ tsp non-stick spray
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes * more or less to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- cheddar cheese
- whole wheat toast
- Heat non-stick spray in a non-stick pan over low heat.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk together. Transfer to non-stick pan and whisk continuously on low heat. Do not stop whisking! If eggs start to cook too quickly, remove from heat and whisk without heat.
- After 2-3 minutes, add garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Whisk continuously for 6-7 minutes until eggs are cooked to your preference (we liked ours a little runny). Top with cheese and chives on whole wheat toast.