The cold weather has quickly swept into Chicago and I am prepared with all of my favorite cold-weather recipes! This Sweet Potato Tikka Masala is a gorgeous blend of pasta, vegetables, and a creamy, homemade Tikka Masala sauce. It has a perfect kick (not too spicy, not too sweet) from the curry powder, paprika, garlic, and Serrano peppers. This one-pot meal is super easy to make and perfect for a cold afternoon. Get ready to fall in love!
I hope you enjoy this one as much as we do. Be sure to plan this recipe in your upcoming meal prep and when you do, don’t forget to share! Tag Sweet Pea Living and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving on Instagram or Facebook.
Sweet Potato & Orzo Tikka Masala
- 15 oz coconut milk
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp fennel seeds
- 2 Serrano peppers deseeded
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Sweet Potato Mixture
- 3 sweet potatoes skinned and diced in ¼" cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil separated
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper deseeded and diced
- 2 cups orzo pasta cooked
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- Combine sweet potatoes and 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium bowl. Mix well. Transfer to air fryer (or baking sheet) and cook for 20 minutes at 400°F. Potatoes should be soft and fork-tender.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a food processor. Puree until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large dutch oven, heat 1 tbsp olive oil, onion, and green bell pepper over medium heat. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add potatoes and sauce. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
- Add orzo and mix well. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot. Enjoy!
Sharing is caring! We’d appreciate if you save this pin on Pinterest!