I am so fortunate to have a mother-in-law that makes and shares delicious dishes and desserts with us. Shout-out to Susan for all the yummy recipes! After receiving this gorgeous 12-inch porcelain cake stand (affiliate link) from Sweese, it seemed time that her famous carrot cake make a debut on the blog. Sweese sells kitchenware that is efficient, durable, and simply beautiful. I love the clean colors and variety of products that they sell. I was so impressed with the cake stand that they sent me that I want to use it over and over again. Check out their entire collection here!
My husband was so happy to have a fresh carrot cake in the house this weekend. And to be honest… so was I! Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! Be sure to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. You can also let me (and Susan) know how this recipe goes by leaving a comment below. We can’t wait to see how this delicious cake turns out for you!
Susan’s Famous Carrot Cake
- Parchment Paper
- Two 9-inch circular cake pans
- Cake stand
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 12 oz pureed carrot baby food
- 20 oz crushed pineapple drained well
- 1 cup golden raisins chopped
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 4-6 cups powdered sugar depending on consistency
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake ingredients and mix well.
- Add eggs, vegetable oil, baby food, and pineapple. Mix well and fold in golden raisins.
- Line two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper. Divide cake mix between the two pans and trim parchment paper. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and almond extract. Mix until fluffy and light. Transfer to refrigerator.
- Once cakes are cool, transfer one layer of cake to a platter. Top the layer with frosting and add second cake layer on top. Decorate as desired and refrigerate until ready to be served. Enjoy!
Sharing is caring! We’d love it if you saved this recipe on Pinterest.