I have always been a pasta-gal. To me, carbs in the form of pasta is a pure comfort food. When I’m feeling sad, anxious or stressed (sometimes all of those things at the same time), a big bowl of pasta is just the thing I need to calm my spirits and feel better! It is no surprise that I’ve been turning to carbs every once in a while during quarantine for that little extra feeling of comfort. I know I’m not the only one! It’s hard to be away from family, friends, and coworkers. Somehow a warm pasta dish makes things a little bit better. And that is where this beautiful Sun-Dried Tomato & Artichoke Pasta dish comes in handy. It’s not heavy, creamy, or rich. Instead, it’s made with simple ingredients and it really hits the spot.
Are you craving carbs like me? If so, this recipe is for you! When you make this dish, don’t forget to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it! You can also let me know how this recipe goes by leaving a comment below. I can’t wait to see how this delicious pasta dish turns out for you!
Sun-Dried Tomato & Artichoke Pasta
- 8.5 oz sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil with herbs separated
- 28 oz canned quartered artichoke hearts drained
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- ½ cup white wine dry
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 16 oz rotini pasta cooked
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 8 oz water-packed fresh mozzarella balls drained
- ⅓ cup fresh basil chopped
- Separate olive oil from sun-dried tomatoes. Diced tomatoes and set aside.
- In a large dutch oven, heat sun-dried tomato oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion and saute until fragrant and soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. Turn heat to high and allow the bottom of the dutch oven to get brown.
- Add white wine. Scrap the bottom of the pan to remove any brown bits. Then add vegetable broth. Turn heat to medium-low. Simmer for 6-8 minutes until sauce reduces slightly.
- Add rotini pasta, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella balls.
- Serve hot and garnish with basil. Enjoy!
Sharing is caring! We’d love it if you saved this recipe on Pinterest!