Our pantry is packed with brown rice noodles. I don’t know how or why, but at some point I bought 4 large packages of noodles with no plan to cook or use them. In my opinion, the best thing to make with brown rice noodles is stir fry (or any variation of stir fry… see here, here, and here for examples). All you need for a good stir fry are some simple sauce ingredients and fresh vegetables in your fridge or freezer. This recipe was created on a whim with tofu, red bell pepper, and spinach. It’s easy to make and so delicious!
Check your pantry and see what you need for this super easy stir-fry recipe! When you make this dish, be sure to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. Or let me know how this recipe goes by leaving a comment below. I can’t wait to see how this turns out for you… I think you’re going to love it!
Spinach & Bell Pepper Stir Fry
- 14 oz extra firm tofu pressed and cubed
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red chili garlic sauce
- ½ lb spinach
- 6 oz soba noodles
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Sriracha sauce
- In a medium-bowl, combine tofu, coconut cream, lime juice, coconut sugar, and olive oil. Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the tofu and sauce over medium heat.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, bell pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, red chili garlic sauce, and salt to the pan. Mix well.
- Cook soba noodles according to directions.
- Add spinach to tofu mixture. Cover and let wilt for 3-4 minutes.
- Add noodles to pan and mix well.
- Top with sesame seeds and Sriracha sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!