It’s a rare occasion when we have too many avocados in our house, but it does happen sometimes. A few weeks ago I got distracted with all my extra pantry ingredients and let a few avocados over-ripen. NOOOOOO! It’s an awful feeling. There was only one solution (at least only one solution for me)… homemade guacamole! Guacamole is one of my all time favorite snacks. I love the guacamole that our grocery store makes, but there is something special about fresh, homemade guacamole from your own kitchen and this recipe does not disappoint!
Cinco de Mayo is next week and you don’t want to be caught eating tacos without a solid guacamole dip! Be sure to make this and when you do, be sure to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. You can also let me know how this recipe goes by leaving a comment below. I can’t wait to see how this recipe turns out for you… I know you’re going to love it!
Spicy Vegan Guacamole
- 3 avocados ripe or overripe
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- ½ cup white onion
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup red onion
- Combine avocados, garlic, jalapeno, white onion, cilantro, lime, and salt in a food processor. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Remove the food processor blade. Stir in red onion and move mixture to a serving bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, tacos, or vegetables and enjoy!