This meal was first created when my husband and I had both gotten home late from work and we needed anything to eat for dinner. When I discovered half a red cabbage, the last remaining cup of broccoli, and three large carrots lying in the produce drawer, I knew what I needed to make. Since then, this recipe has become a regular in our busy household. We typically serve this stir fry with white rice, but you can also make it with brown rice noodles, cauliflower rice, or without anything!
Some nights you just need an easy recipe that is reliable, healthy, and tasty. When you are having one of those weeks, do yourself a favor and make this dish! When you do, don’t forget to tag @sweet.pea.living and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving on Instagram.
Spicy Tofu Cabbage Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ red cabbage shredded
- 1 cups carrots julienne
- 1 cups snap peas fresh or frozen
- 1 cups broccoli florets
- 14 oz extra firm tofu pressed, drained, and cubed
- ¼ cup chili garlic paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- sesame seeds
- cashews chopped
- Combine the tofu and sauce ingredients into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large pot or wok, heat the olive oil and ginger garlic paste over high heat.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, snap peas, and broccoli. Toss well for 10-15 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the tofu and sauce to the pot. Mix well and continue to heat until the tofu is warm.
- Serve with white rice. Garnish with sesame seeds, Sriracha sauce, and cashews. Serve hot and enjoy!
Sharing is caring! I’d love it if you pinned this recipe.