October is the time of year for all things pumpkin and what better way to celebrate the beginning of the month than with a hearty, vibrantly orange soup? This recipe features roasted sweet potatoes and onions blended with cauliflower rice and pureed pumpkin! It’s filling, fun, and festive… just what you need to kick off the month of October.
Alright, who’s ready for fall? If you’re not, this soup will get you in the mood for the season! Give this recipe a try and when you do, be sure to tag @sweet.pea.living and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it on Instagram! I can’t wait to see how your version of this recipe turns out!
Spicy Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup
- 3 small sweet potatoes cut in half long ways
- 1 large onion peeled and cut into eighths
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp nutmeg ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp yellow curry
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 29 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup cauliflower rice raw
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds roasted
- fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lay out sweet potatoes (insides up) and onion on a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, flip the sweet potatoes and onion. Bake for another 20 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
- In a large, cast-iron stock pot, heat the butter until melted over medium-heat. Add the pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, yellow curry, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Add the pumpkin, vegetable broth, and cauliflower to the cast-iron pot. Bring to a boil.
- When the potatoes are done, scoop out the insides and add them to the soup, along with the roasted onions.
- Use an immersion hand blender to puree the vegetables.
- Serve hot and garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds and fresh thyme. Enjoy!
Sharing is caring! We’d love it if you saved this recipe on Pinterest.