Saturday morning baking has become a ritual for me. There is something therapeutic about a pan of freshly baked cookies resting on the counter. I’m sure you know that a good cookie recipe isn’t hard to come by. However, I have fallen in love with this particular recipe. They are super easy to make and delightfully addicting. Jason and I recently went through a whole batch in less than a week… don’t judge us! They’re super great dipped in coffee.
The cold months are coming and this is the perfect recipe to keep you warm! When you make these cookies, don’t forget to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. I would love to see how your recipe turns out for you!
Sea Salt & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 11.5 oz chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Use hands to form ~1.5 tablespoon cookie dough balls. Place on baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Move to a wire rack for cooling and enjoy!