Very few things are as rewarding as a fresh, homemade pizza. Something about watching homemade dough rise, rolling it out on the counter, and layering it with fresh toppings makes pizza taste so much better than anything bought in a store. I love this recipe’s combination of roasted tomatoes, pesto, and bubbly goat cheese. As a finishing touch, the balsamic glaze adds a little sweetness and burst of flavor to each bite. It is delightful!
If you love pizza as much as we do (and you probably do), be sure to give this recipe a try. When you do, don’t forget to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. I would love to see how your pizzas turn out!
Roasted Tomato & Pesto Pizza
Dough (Creates 3 Pizzas)
- 1 ⅓ cups water heated to 90°F
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp bread machine yeast
Pizza (Per Pizza)
- 8 oz basil pesto
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced and sauted
- 1 cup spinach sauted
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- ½ cup basil chopped
- Combine dough ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until well blended. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise for 90 minutes, preferably near a heat source.
- Place pizza stone or pan in oven. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a clean surface. Transfer dough onto parchment paper. Divide dough into thirds.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten ⅓ of the dough to desired crust thickness. Roll edges of dough to create crust.
- Spread pesto out over dough. Top with tomato slices, mushrooms, spinach and goat cheese.
- Use parchment paper to transfer pizza to oven. Bake on pizza stone (with parchment paper) or pan on center rack for 20-25 minutes, until crust is crispy and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with balsamic vinegar and fresh basil. Cut, serve hot and enjoy!