It’s my birthday and in celebration (I know you are all very excited), here is one of our favorite cold-weather recipes. This warm, simmering soup is packed with tender cauliflower, roasted garlic, and soft russet potatoes. My favorite part of this recipe is the slight kick of crushed red pepper flakes in combination with the creamy, garlicky hummus. It’s absolutely addicting! This soup is perfect during any season, but I prefer it on evenings when I’m snuggled up under a blanket on the couch. It’s just that kind of recipe.
We prefer to serve this meal with sourdough bread, fresh cilantro, and a light drizzle of olive oil. Feel free to mix it up, based on what you and your loved ones enjoy! When you make this recipe, be sure to tag @sweet.pea.living and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it! Or let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Nothing would make me happier than to see how much you enjoy this recipe.
Roasted Cauliflower & Garlic Soup
- Immersion Blender
- 1 cup cashews raw
- 1¼ cup water boiling
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florettes
- 2 large russet potatoes skinned and diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 oz hummus garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- Cilantro chopped
- sourdough bread
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 425°F. Cut off the tops of both garlic bulbs, leaving some of the cloves exposed. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Wrap in an aluminum foil pouch and bake for 40 minutes.
- Combine cashews and boiling water. Cover with a life and rest for 20 minutes.
- Spread the cauliflower florets and diced potatoes out over a large baking pan. Toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Puree soaked cashews and water in a blender. Set aside.
- Add cashew puree, roasted cauliflower, potatoes, hummus, vegetable broth, miso paste, and nutritional yeast to cast iron pot. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Use an immersion blender to break up the vegetables to your preference.
- Serve hot with cilantro and bread. Enjoy!
Sharing is caring! I’d love it if you pinned this recipe.