Back in the day, when I was first learning to make plant-based meals, I had the most amazing vegan lo mein dish off a music festival food truck. The simple ingredients and delicious Thai-inspired flavors blew my mind. From that experience, I learned that good meals don’t have to be fancy or composed of 20 different complicated ingredients. Sometimes the best meals are the simple, reliable ones. That’s what you’ll find with this Quick & Easy Vegan Lo Mein.
Are you ready to fall in love with Thai food? I know you are! Try out this simple Vegan Lo Mein and when you do, be sure to tag me on Instagram using @sweet.pea.living or using the hashtag #sweetpealiving! I’d love to see what you think of this dish.
Quick & Easy Vegan Lo Mein
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 white onion sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 cups carrots julienned
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small red cabbage sliced
- 8 oz brown rice noodles cooked
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- cilantro chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, ginger garlic paste and celery. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, carrots, and cabbage to dutch oven. Saute until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar to pot. Heat until fully warmed.
- Garnish with cilantro and Sriracha. Serve hot and enjoy!
Sharing is caring! I’d love it if you pinned this recipe.