If you’re anything like me, you’ve been frantically searching for all of the best pumpkin-themed recipes. The months of October and November are here for a very limited time, so I feel the need to squeeze ALL of the delicious Fall-themed recipes in while I can! This Pumpkin Banana Bread came to me in a day-dream one morning. I was staring at a bushel of overripe bananas on our counter while sipping a hot cup of coffee (my favorite on a chilly morning). It was obvious that I needed to make banana bread, but I wanted it to be a bit more festive. And BAM! Pumpkin Banana Bread came to fruition.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! Be sure to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. You can also let me know how this recipe goes by leaving a comment below. I can’t wait to see how this delicious fall recipe turns out for you!
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 2 medium overripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, smash the bananas. Add eggs, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, honey, and sugar. Combine until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and ground cinnamon. Stir well to ensure that each ingredient is evenly distributed. Then, add dry mixture to wet mixture and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips (optional) and transfer to the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. If making muffins, bake for about 15 minutes.
- Cool loaf in the pan for at least 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Sharing is caring! We’d love it if you saved this recipe on Pinterest!