Things have been busy with my new job and I’ve struggled to find the energy to create recipes for the blog (sometimes I struggle to even execute a simple meal on a weeknight). Isn’t it always easier to order take-out and stress-eat on the couch? This transition to a new state and a new job has taken a bit of time to adjust to, but I feel ready to get back to the things that I love… cooking, testing recipes, and sharing them with all of you! It’s time to rebuild my stamina and prioritize homemade meals again. I am especially excited to kick off this new content with my new Lemon Artichoke & Cauliflower Soup recipe!
This meal was inspired by one of my favorite spices, Sazon. Sazon is a combination of coriander, cumin, annatto seeds, garlic powder, oregano, and salt. I found it for the first time at our grocery store in Chicago. Every time I taste it, I crave the flavors of lemons, artichokes, garlic, and fresh onion. It is intoxicating!
We prefer to serve this meal with sourdough bread, fresh parsley, and a light drizzle of olive oil. Feel free to mix it up, based on what you and your loved ones enjoy! When you make this recipe, be sure to tag @sweet.pea.living and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it! Or let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Nothing would make me happier than to see how much you enjoy this recipe.
Lemon Artichoke & Cauliflower Soup
- Immersion Blender
- 15 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil separated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 head of garlic peeled, whole cloves
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sazon
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cashews
- 15 oz quartered artichokes drained
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups water as needed
- ¼ cup hummus optional
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Italian parsley chopped
- sourdough bread
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 370°F. Place chickpeas in air fryer basket or on a baking tray. Spritz with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until crispy, about 20-30 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large dutch oven. Add onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, turmeric, sazon. Saute until lightly brown.
- Add vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add cashews, artichokes, hummus, and red pepper flakes. If broth is not covering cauliflower, add water as needed. Boil for 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- Use an immersion blender to break up cauliflower and cashews.
- Serve with parsley, roasted chickpeas, and bread. Enjoy!
Sharing is caring! I’d love it if you pinned this recipe.