After my husband ordered a 25-pound bag of quinoa from Amazon (yes, 25 pounds), he suggested that I create some quinoa-based recipes for the blog. I thought about my favorite recipes featuring quinoa and my mind immediately jumped to Panera’s Modern Greek Salad. If you haven’t had it before, you’re really missing out! Fresh green leaves, cucumbers, and Kalamata olives tossed with feta and toasted almonds… so good!
Every time I get it, I think “I have got to make this for the blog” and then something distracts me and I completely forget… BUT, fortunately, quarantine has given me ample amounts of time to make all the recipes on my to-do list. As it turns out, this Greek Quinoa Salad is perfect for spring. I just hope that you can find all the ingredients in your local grocery store!
You can’t go wrong with these simple, fresh ingredients. Be sure to nourish your body and brain during this time with an easy-to-make salad. When you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. I can’t wait to see how this dish turns out for you!
Greek Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa dry
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- ½ Feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup hummus
- Add quinoa and vegetable broth to a medium-sized pot. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
- Set quinoa aside and allow to cool while you prepare the vegetables.
- Toss lettuce with cooled quinoa.
- Layer tomatoes, cucumber, onion, green bell pepper, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese in a large bowl.
- Toss salad and serve in small bowls. Top with a dollop of hummus. Serve cold and enjoy!