I’ve always been a big fan of stir fry. They are always easy to make, delicious, and a perfect vegan dish for any busy family! I’m here to share yet another stir-fry recipe with you all. This one is special because it’s quick to move from the stove to your table and who doesn’t need that? The trick to having stir-fry in your regular dinner rotation is to change up the recipe so you don’t get tired or bored of it. For this stir fry I used brown rice noodles, snow peas, and fresh asparagus. The crisp vegetables and tender noodles make every bite irresistible.
We like to garnish this meal with Sriracha sauce and fresh chives. You could also top it off with cilantro or cashews, though! When you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. I would love to see how it turns out for you!
Fresh Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 8 oz carrots shredded
- 8 oz brown rice noodles
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1½ cups fresh snow pea pods trimmed
- 1 cup 1-inch pieces asparagus
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives
- Sriracha optional
- Heat water in a sauce pot for the brown rice noodles.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onions, and ginger. Saute for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- Begin cooking the brown rice noodles.
- Add carrots, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, and arrowroot powder to the non-stick skillet. Mix well and heat until simmering.
- Add pea pods and asparagus. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Add noodles. Toss well.
- Top with chives and Sriracha sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!