My favorite summer salad recipe was inspired by a meal that I created with my friend Meghann several summers ago. As we walked through a local farmer’s market, we bought ingredients that looked bright, fresh, and delicious. What resulted from our adventure was this salad! It has all of the best summertime flavors including lemon, dill, and basil. The crispy lemon-pepper chickpeas are the perfect topping for this fresh and delicious lunchtime meal. Give this salad a try and you will not be disappointed!
If you want to meal prep this salad for your weekly lunches, it will last for at least 5 days. Just be aware that the chickpeas will not remain crispy all week (although they still taste great)! I like to stick a wedge of lemon in each of our salad containers, instead of spraying juice all over the salad immediately. This helps keep the lettuce and escarole fresh throughout the week! Don’t forget to mention @sweet.pea.living or tag #sweetpealiving on Instagram when you make this recipe!
Fresh Lemon & Dill Salad
- 15 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 head red lettuce chopped
- 1 head escarole chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup fresh dill minced
- 1 shallot or 1 small red onion sliced thinly
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 1 lemon cut into quarters and deseeded
- Combine chickpeas, olive oil, and lemon pepper in an air fryer pan. Mix until chickpeas are evenly coated. Air fry at 400°F for about 15 minutes, until crispy. Shake pan after 8 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Add escarole, red lettuce, arugula, and dill to a large bowl.
- Top with shallot, tomatoes, cucumber and cooked chickpeas.
- Toss with fresh lemon juice and enjoy!
Sharing is caring! We would love it if you saved this recipe on Pinterest!