Sometimes the recipes for Sweet Pea Living take a lot of thought, planning, tweaking, and remaking… Other times (and my favorite times) the recipes come easily. This recipe is one of those latter ones. When I first made this dish, I was craving caramelized mushrooms, pasta, and Parmesan cheese. In a matter of minutes, I pulled together a delicious dinner with a few simple ingredients. This has quickly become one of our new favorite weeknight dinners.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! Be sure to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. You can also let me know how this recipe goes by leaving a comment below. I can’t wait to see how this easy pasta dish turns out for you!
Easy Farfalle Pasta with Mushrooms, Tomatoes, and Spinach
- 14 oz farfalle pasta
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 14 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- ¾ cup white wine
- 10 oz fresh spinach chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Cook farfalle pasta according to directions on the box.
- While pasta cooks, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and onion. Saute until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms. Cover with a lid for 4-5 minutes until mushrooms begin to release water. Add Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, ground black pepper, and salt. Continue to saute until mushrooms are brown and caramelized.
- While the mushrooms caramelize, spread the tomatoes out over a baking pan and broil in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Deglaze the skillet with white wine. Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach and broiled tomatoes. Cover with lid and allow the spinach to wilt.
- Add cooked farfalle pasta and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve hot and enjoy!
Sharing is caring! We’d love it if you saved this recipe on Pinterest!