The great, grand quinoa-themed recipe extravaganza continues! Today I am sharing these easy-to-make, super tasty, and extra filling quinoa burritos. For anyone who doubts that a vegan burrito can be filling, quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods you can eat! In fact, quinoa is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids. With a super food like that, who needs meat?! Not us! I especially love this recipe because it’s made with pantry staples (something we are all relying on these days) and it’s ready to serve in under 35 minutes! Win-win.
This recipe is going to be a repeat in the upcoming weeks. I hope it is for you, too! When you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it. I can’t wait to see how this dish turns out for you!
Black Bean & Quinoa Burritos
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded and diced
- 14 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 14 oz canned corn drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 6 large burrito tortillas
- cilantro chopped
- avocado diced
- jalapenos sliced
- hot sauce
- Add quinoa and vegetable broth to a medium-sized pot. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes until liquid has been absorbed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and red onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add bell pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes, until tender.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, corn, and taco seasoning. Mix well and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add quinoa and mix well.
- Scoop ⅙ of the mixture into burrito tortillas. Garnish with preferred toppings, roll, and enjoy!