After the great spud-tacular incident of 2020, I decided to buy an air fryer. When air fryers first started getting popular (what was it… 2 years ago?), I was admittedly a skeptic. I wondered why I would ever want something in my kitchen to instantly fry food. It sounded like a great way to eat a bunch of crap that wouldn’t be good for me. Annnnnnnd then I found myself facing 30 pounds of potatoes and no real good method of cooking them. You can only eat mashed potatoes for so long.
I had a lot of misconceptions about air fryers. However, .02 seconds into my Google search, I learned that air fryers are just convection ovens. They circulate hot air quickly inside a small basket, speeding up the cooking process and leaving your food crispy and crunchy. The perfect texture for a potato! You don’t need to add any oil or fat to make your food taste great. My husband was super skeptical when our air fryer first arrived, but he has since agreed that it has been the best pandemic purchase we’ve made. #WinWin
Cinco de Mayo is TOMORROW and you definitely need these tacos in your life. If you have an air fryer (or a convection oven), be sure to make this recipe and when you do, don’t forget to tag Sweet Pea Living on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #sweetpealiving to share it! You can also let me know how this recipe goes by leaving a comment below. I can’t wait to see how these gorgeous potato tacos turn out for you… They’re so good!
Air Fryer Potato Tacos
- 4 large russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Soak diced potatoes in cold water for ~10 minutes to remove starch. Drain and dry on a clean kitchen towel.
- Toss potatoes in a small bowl with olive oil, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Place in an air fryer at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Toss potatoes every 10 minutes or so to prevent burning.
- Serve potatoes with guacamole, pico de gallo, and hot sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!